Information – Equine Event Permit Horse owners can apply for interstate health permit (North Carolina)

This specifically applies to North Carolina Horses (check with your state’s Department of Agriculture for your specific requirements).

“Horse owners who frequently travel out of state with their animals for horse shows and festivals can take advantage of a new agreement between Southern states that will eliminate the need to obtain monthly animal health certificates.

The agreement between Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia will allow horse owners to apply for an Equine Event Permit that will be good for up to six months in any of the listed states. Some states had reciprocal agreements in the past, but this is the first agreement of its kind in South.”

Read more:

This entry was posted in Equestrian Sports, Horse Care and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *